The Harvest Festival is one of Åland's most family-friendly events where the Åland countryside opens up and welcomes visitors from near and far. Over the years we have learnt how to best organise a Harvest Festival and below you will find our 12 top tips for a fantastic Harvest Festival experience. See you in the crowds on the fields!
Take it easy in traffic - If we all drive carefully, Harvest Festival traffic will be safer and more pleasant. Carpool with your friends - a perfect opportunity to socialise for an extra moment.
2. Remember the vouchers - This year's programme leaflet includes a number of exclusive offers from our participants and sponsors. Remember to use them!
3. Participate in the lottery - Fill in which farms you have visited and participate in our Harvest Festival lottery. Submit your entry on the last farm you visit and you could win lots of great prizes!
4. Find your way with the app or website - The app has a route planner to help you. At www.skordefest.ax you will find map links at each Excursion destination/Farm/Restaurant/Plåpp Åpp. As you approach, there are Harvest Festival signs to guide you.
5. Keep an eye on your dog - Not all farm animals are used to dogs. Do not allow your dog to get too close.
6. Take your time to relax - Many farms are only open during the Harvest Festival and do not have a routine for receiving lots of guests at the same time. Therefore, there can sometimes be a queue. We hope you see it as part of the experience and give yourself the opportunity to not be in a rush
7. Ftresh produce all the way home - Bring a cooler so all your bought produce stays fresh all the way home to the dinner table.
8. Be seen and be found - When darkness descends on the countryside, it is important to be seen and seen. Bring reflexes and a flashlight.
9. Feet on (in) the ground - Mud and soil are part of the countryside. With proper shoes, you don't have to get wet and dirty feets.
10. Taste the countryside - You know that all Harvest Festival restaurants work according to the Åland kitchen manifesto. Read more about what this means at skordefest.ax/koksmanifestet Book your meal in advance, so the hosts can give you the best possible service. Bookings are made to to each Harvest Festival restaurant respectively.
11. Expand your horizons - Many visitors are eager to shop, and sometimes things run out. Look at it as a chance to find your new favourite product!
12. Outhouse time? Every farm has a toilet. If you're really lucky, you can experience the charm of an outhouse.